Easy Granola Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups granola cereal (bought or homemade)
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- Butter a 9" square pan.
- In a 3 qt saucepan boil corn syrup for 1 minute only, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in granola and grated carrot if using.
- Work fast as it hardens quickly.
- Transfer to pan.
- Spread and pat in place with a spoon or dampened spatula.
- Cool for an hour before cutting into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have made them twice as a breakfast item. Like other reviewers, I tweaked the recipe based on what I had on hand I didn't add carrot to either batches as I didn't have any and for the granola, I mixed it up such as Special K, Cheerios, Quaker Almond Grain. I also used agave instead of corn syrup. Today I doubled the batch. Hoping I calculated correctly. For us, it is important that it maintain a firm bar shape. I also used foil for ease of cutting & cleanup