Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Raspberries, jam, lemon syrup-drenched pound cake, and whipped cream in a delicious, easy, layered dessert. This can be made using store-bought or homemade pound cake and as individual trifles or one large Grand Trifle. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs poundcake, sliced 3/4 inch slices
- For the Syrup: In a small sauce pan bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let cool.
- For the Trifle: In a small bowl combine the jam a 3 c of raspberries, mashing slightly.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream and sugar to siff peaks.
- Brush both sides of each silce of pound cake with the cooled syrup.
- Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Gently spread top of layer with 1/3 of the raspberry mixture, and then 1/3 of the whipped cream. Reapeat to make 2 more layers; garnish with remaining 1 cup of raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.
- **For Individual Trifles** Follow steps 1-4. Then in each of ten 1 1/2 c capacity glass serving dishes or wineglasses, follow procedure in step 5, making only 2 layers in each glass.