Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so much healthier than the traditional short-cake and much richer. It is my favorite way to sneak the health benefits of nuts into my family's diet. I also pack this into lunches for a protein-filled snack. I have to credit Geema for inspiring me to create this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large, strong ziploc bag, crush the pecans, walnuts and graham crackers to bit pieces.
- You can also use a food processor to do this.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Grease a glass pie pan with olive oil.
- Add the short-cake mix and spread evenly into the pie pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve plain or with fruit topping such as blueberries or strawberries.