Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Since my DS is not a huge fan of just baked apples, I only make enough for just DH and myself, but feel free to increase the recipe and double all ingredients and also the microwave cooking time. Not only is this a very simple recipe to make, the apples are delicious, they are a must served with ice cream! Of coarse they also can be made in the oven but the microwave is so much faster... prepare the apples before dinner (just rub the insides well with fresh lemon juice so they will not brown) fill them and refrigerate, then pop them in the microwave for an after dinner for dessert.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (no subs)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped raisins (chop them in half)
- 2 large apples (I use Golden Delicious for this)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a bowl stir together the softened butter, brown sugar, ginger powder, pecans and chopped raisins; mix well to combine.
- Core the apples and peel about one-third off from the top of the apple, rub the peeled part with lemon.
- Spoon the ginger mixture into the apple cavities, mounding it on top.
- Place the apples in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the apples with wax paper or a plastic microwave top.
- Cook at HIGH power, rotating the dish halfway through for about 8 minutes (they might take a longer or shorter time depending on the size of the apples).
- Transfer the apples to 2 serving bowls and spoon the liquid over them.
- Serve with ice cream.