Recipe by Nado2003
This is a combination of Any Fruit Fat Free Cobler and Virginia Apple Pudding. We are limited to non dairy milk and no nuts or seeds due to allergies in my family so I tweak recipes to make it work for us.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, include if you're using apples as a fruit)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk (we use non-fat soy milk)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups apples (any kind of fruit, berries, apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced, cranberies or any combination t)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, only add if apples are used)
- fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine fruit, 1/4 C sugar and cinnamon (if used) in another bowl.
- Spray casserole dish or 9x9x2 baking pan or butter pan to keep cobler from sticking.
- Pour batter into oiled or buttered pan.
- Distribute fruit evenly on top of batter, but do not mix.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes depending on the size of your pan until batter rise over the fruit and slightly brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.