Recipe by Larkin
I adapted this recipe when I was out of vanilla and honey. I left the vanilla out of the brownies which made them taste more like dark chocolate brownies and substituted the vanilla and honey in the frosting for left-over coffee! It's wonderful!
For the brownies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon left-over coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, eggs, and butter for the brownies.
- Beat in remaining brownie ingredients.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, combine frosting ingredients.
- Frost the brownies while they are still warm.