Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this fish nuggets with catfish and stripper we catch out of the lake. This is easy and tastes great any time of year. Also great for those weeknights when you just don't have the time or energy for serious cooking. I usually accompany this with whatever veggie I happen to have on hand. And as I don't do a lot of frying, I tend to fry something else with it.
- 2 catfish fillets (or any white fish)
- 1 cup milk (or enough to cover fish)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup seafood, breader (found in the flour aisle at the grocery store)
- 1 (20 ounce) container vegetable shortening (I'm not sure about 20oz, but whichever is the larger tub, and will sufficiently fill your deep fryer)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Combine milk and tabsco sauce.
- Cut catfish filets into bite sized pieces.
- Allow cat fish to soak in milk for at least an hour (I usually do it in the morning before work, but you can do it as early as the night before). Keep in refrigerator until ready.
- Heat vegetable shortening to 350.
- Roll fish nuggets in seafood breader.
- Cook in oil for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- For dipping sauce, simply combine three ingredients. Enjoy!