Recipe by nranger7
I used to work 2 (sometimes 3) jobs at a time and found very little time to make meals (or do anything else!). I threw this dish together one day when I needed something quick and easy to heat up at lunchtime. It's become my favorite meal to take to work. I think any type of whitefish can be used. I tend to use catfish. I have used Dover Sole, but my coworkers couldn't stand the smell when I put it in the microwave! Amounts are approximate. If I feel it needs more potatoes or broccoli, I add more. Less butter can probably be used, but I like butter... Peel the potatoes if you want, but that would make it less quick and easy! Don't thaw the broccoli or it will get overdone and mushy. Feel free to experiment.
Top Review by sunriselilly
This was great!! I coated the potatoes with Mrs. Dash before I put them in the dish. I also marinated the fish in some Italian dressing before adding. I did find the fish to be rather mushy from the frozen vegetables, so next time I will either put the fish on top of the potatoes or leave it uncovered.
Directions See How It's Made
- First I melt the butter in a 3 quart baking dish while the oven is preheating to 325 degrees.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the melted butter, making sure fish is coated well.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Rinse potatoes and throw into dish (I try to place most of the potatoes on the sides so they're in the butter also).
- Throw frozen broccoli on top of fish and potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Cover and bake for about a half hour.