Recipe by Oolala
This recipe is from Cooking Smart magazine. My kids don't like sauce on top of meatloaf so this was perfect for them. I use dried basil and Italian bread crumbs when I make this.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 4 X 8 inch loaf pan with vegetable oil or line with foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix just until blended to avoid the meatloaf from getting tough.
- Pat into a loaf shape and place in the pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until meat is done and juices run clear.
- Cool a bit before slicing into 6 even portions.