Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
How could something so easy be so good, this is a no-fail, no-fuss recipe!...I made this recently with potato pancakes on the side, the brisket turned out simply fabulous, it was melt-in-your-mouth tender! I am going to try this with a regular pot roast also soon.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring brisket almost to room temperature.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine beer, cranberry sauce, ketchup and brown sugar; set aside.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper (I used seasoning salt).
- In a large Dutch oven over high heat heat oil and brown the brisket for about 5 minutes each side, then transfer to a plate.
- Add in sliced onion and garlic (if using) and saute until soft (about 7-8 minutes).
- Place the brisket back into the Dutch oven and pour the sauce over; bring to a boil, and cover pot tightly.
- Transfer to oven and cook until brisket is tender (about 3 hours).
- Remove the brisket to a cutting board and let sit for about 35 minutes, or longer even before slicing.
- Spoon any fat from the top of the gravy.
- Thinly slice the brisket across the grain and return to the Dutch oven and into the gravy.
- Rewarm over low heat on top of the stove before serving.