Recipe by afarrell727
Healthy and easy! I add this to my dog's dry food for a protein boost and to get her to eat her whole meal at once.
- 4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 15 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ground chuck, beef liver, and chicken liver to a large stock pot and begin to cook on the stove over medium to high heat, stirring intermittently.
- Once the meat is mostly cooked, add the spinach garlic, rosemary and salt.
- Add water as needed to keep it easy enough to stir and cook for another 10 minutes or until everything is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender [or a food processor] to break everything down.
- It may seem kind of thin or soupy but, it will firm up as it cools.
- Cool, in the refrigerator, overnight.
- Portion out as you like, using sandwich bags and freeze all but three portions.
- Pull out another three once you use your last thawed portion and put into the refrigerator.
- I feed my dog twice per day, I use about a half of a cup to three-quarters of a cup mixed with 2 cups of dry food. Talk to your vet though.
- I also use frozen broccoli instead of spinach occasionally, depending on what I have inches Never add onion.