Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the Columbus Community Columbus Missouri Association cookbook. It was submitted by Christie Wilson of Warrensburg, MO. It's my family's favorite recipe for banana bread as it uses no vegetable oil. It's quick and easy to mix up, and comes out moist and delicious every time. Baking time is approximate as oven temperatures vary.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease bottom of loaf pan, or spray using cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mash bananas with a silver fork and add combining well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, combining well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour batter in loaf pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. This is a very moist bread and some may stick to tester, just make sure it's not wet batter sticking to it.