1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Columbus Community Columbus Missouri Association cookbook. It was submitted by Christie Wilson of Warrensburg, MO. It's my family's favorite recipe for banana bread as it uses no vegetable oil. It's quick and easy to mix up, and comes out moist and delicious every time. Baking time is approximate as oven temperatures vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Grease bottom of loaf pan, or spray using cooking spray.
- 3In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 4Add eggs and beat well.
- 5Mash bananas with a silver fork and add combining well.
- 6Add the flour, baking soda and salt, combining well.
- 7Stir in nuts if desired.
- 8Pour batter in loaf pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. This is a very moist bread and some may stick to tester, just make sure it's not wet batter sticking to it.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Delicious Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 322.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g