Recipe by Walla Walla Sweetie
Cheap, fast, easy and good.
Top Review by apbeecher
To quote Randy Jackson, this was just okay for me, Dog. To be fair, I've never had Dal before - easy or otherwise - and I've not eaten lentils before, so this was a real first. Tasted a little bland to me, so added some more curry and some red pepper flakes. Like others, I thought the addition of avocado and carrot clever. I will try again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion
- curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lentils, the 3 cups of water, and 1/2 the onion in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- In a small frying pan, combine the other half of the onion, and the rest of the ingredients except the avocado and carrot. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add the contents of the frying pan to the sauce pan containing the lentils and water.
- Cook until the lentils are soft (about 20 minutes longer).
- Grate the carrot and slice the avocado to use as a topping.
- Serve with naan or pita for a complete meal.