Green Split Pea Dal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb split peas
- 1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 carrots
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- steamed rice, to serve
- Boil split peas and carrots in 6 cups of water. I add a frozen roll of turkey breakfast sausage to the boiling peas, and scrape off the cooked meat every five minutes or so as the peas are cooking. You could just cook the sausage in the pot, and then add the water and peas to it if you prefer.
- After 45 minutes, turn heat to low, add coconut milk, curry powder and chicken base. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes to an hour (or toss in a crock pot until needed.) Enjoy over warm rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!