Recipe by faerychic
Modified this recipe from a BH&G all time favorites slow cooker magazine. Recipe called for frozen stir fry veggies (yellow, green, red peppers and onion) I used fresh. This dish can be served over hot buttered noodles, mashed potatoes or steamed rice. We like the noodles for a change.
- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 3 small red peppers
- 1 large green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 8 serving size pieces. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place meat in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and hot pepper sauce. Pour over meat.
- Top with vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours or high heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- If a thicker consistency is desired for the gravy, just add a couple of tablespoons of flour mixed with water at the end of the end of cooking time and turn setting to high. Cook until thickened.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles, mashed potatoes or steamed rice.