Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend years ago, I don't know the original source. This can be made non, low or full fat & always comes out good.
- 1 cup sliced fresh fruit (I like strawberries)
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Arrange fruit in crust.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water, let stand one minute to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In food processor or blender, process cottage cheese& yogurt on high speed until smooth.
- Add sugar& vanilla extract.
- Process until well blended.
- Gradually add Gelatin mixture, blending well.
- Pour over fruit in crust.
- Cover& refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Decorate with additional fruit if desired.
Served this for lunch today and enjoyed it. Made it with peaches, vanilla no-fat yogurt and a smidgen of almond extract instead of vanilla. Because I used sweet yogurt I halved the sugar. I think it will make a good breakfast tomorrow. I like sweet treats that don't make me feel guilty!