Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great easy pasta, kiunda like a carbonara with a few differences. You can choose whateva pasta you want to have it with. I would really like to put a few herbs in there but not sure what will go. please help if you have any suggestions. Thanks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 bacon, diced
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup liquid chicken stock
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup any cheese
- 250 g cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- parmesan cheese
- Heat pan med temp with oil, add garlic and onion till browned (2 mins approx).
- Add chicken and bacon cook till browned (5 mins approx).
- Pour in liquid stock simmer till reduced.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add half cream and half cheese stir till cheese has melted contiune adding cream and cheese till they are all in there. Keep simmering till the sauce has slightly thicken.
- You can either pour pasta in and fold through the sauce then serve or pour sauce over served pasta, choice is yours.
- Finish off with a bit of pamersan.
Something unusual happened last night at dinner - everybody liked it. I used half & half instead of whipping cream to lighten it up a bit so it was a little runnier than the original recipe would have been. Next time I will cook the bacon first since I like it a little crispy. Only spice I added was pepper but I have a similar recipe using some basil that might be good.