Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
I'm trying to get into better condition with the Weight Watchers Core program. I was craving breakfast the other day, and came up with this quick and easy dish.
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1 cooked sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 dash chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Spray a small skillet, and add potatoes, cooking on low heat until lightly browned all over.
- Add eggs and cook until mostly set, then add salsa and spices.
- Continue cooking until done to your liking.
I was excited about this recipe and then when I made it I was slightly disappointed. It just needs something to pep it up some, thought the salsa would do that, but it still lacked something. Like the idea of sweet potatoes and eggs, so will keep trying.
This was only okay for me. I'd probably cook the sweet potato in some olive oil and seasonings next time because they just seemed to be lacking a strong flavor on their own. I'll experiment a bit more next time!
This made a very good light dinner for me. I love that it is designed for a single serving! I used Mango-Lime salsa which was a great complement to the sweet potato. Thanks for the recipe.