Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a Kraft Food and Family booklet. I like it because it is so easy to cook, yet looks like you put much time into it. The stuffing mixture is heavenly!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 6 boneless pork chops (1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 cups fresh mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk and 3 Tbsp flour.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Stir in one cup cheddar cheese, vegetables, and basil.
- Cook meat in 1 tsp.
- oil in large non-stick skillet until browned on all sides.
- Pour sauce evenly over meat; top with stuffing.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.
Still not completely sure how I feel about this one. The boys absolutely gobbled it up, veggies and all, constantly telling me how good it was. For the veggies, I used a can of corn and a can of French style green beans. The flavor was wonderful. Great comfort food. The problem was that it was still too liquidy. I'm thinking that it was because I used canned instead of fresh veggies, but that's not really something I want to change. I like the convenience of it. I want to try this again and maybe use 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of flour. I'm not giving up on it yet. The pork chops were mega tender, and anything that makes the kids go crazy for veggies is worth a second chance! :-)
Very good, I used plain corn for the veggie and it turned out wonderful. You're right the stuffing mixture is heavenly!
This recipe was not only good tasting but easy enough for a MR. Mom to make