Recipe by Lynn in MA
With the help of a cake mix, these bars are put together in a snap.
Top Review by rosie316
Made these cookie bars this afternoon to take to the neighbors cook-out / bon-fire this evening. These were very easy to put together and the flavor was pretty tasty. The texture was a bit strange, but I'm assuming that is because it uses a cake mix. I will try making these again, and maybe skip the walnuts next time. Thanks for posting. (Made for PAC 2014)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In mixer bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the water, eggs, oil and vanilla extract; mix well. Add in the cake mix and mix well. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spread evenly into prepare pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until edges are golden and toothpick tests clean in middle.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.