Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a easy recipe. You can put your own creative touch into them by decorating them however you like.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- melted chocolate chips (to decorate) or almond bark (to decorate) or maraschino cherries (to decorate) or nuts (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and cocoa. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour and cocoa until well mixed.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls as desired (1-inch balls, 2-inch logs, balls flattened, etc.) or use cookie press.
- Put them 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool.
- When cooled, you may decorate the cookies with whatever you like, example listed above, or leave them as they are.
Sorry Ocean~Ivy but this just did not work at all. I really think there is an ingredient or two missing. It was far too dry to come together. I added more than 1/4 cup milk and it still didn't seem right to me!! Hope it is a missing ingredient and not me :-)
I did manage to make these successfully but with a few modifications in the quantities of certain ingredients. I used 3/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder instead of 1/8 cup. Also, since I prefer vanilla essence to almond, I used the former. I pre-heated my oven to 180C and baked these for 9 minutes. Came out lovely! I decorated these with melted chocolate and a small piece of maraschino cherry in the center. Thanks for sharing!