1/1 Photo of Easy Chili (Crockpot)
2 hrs 20 mins
Milkman's Daughter's Note:
This recipe came from my mom and I always loved the flavors. It is very easy and quick and seems to please even picky eaters. Since we have diners that do not like spicy foods, you might want to add heat to yours! You can cook this on the stove top also, (You can also buy the smaller cans of vegetable juice if you don't want red beer with the leftover juice :D).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 ounces chili seasoning mix (3 pkgs of any brand)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (any brand or flavor for chili)
- 15 ounces kidney beans (any brand)
- 23 ounces vegetable juice (V-8 or any store brand, mild or spicy, about 1/2 of a large can)
- 1Brown ground beef in skillet. (I cook mine with water because it crumbles easier and more of the fat drains off.).
- 2Drain beef and add onion, the 3 pkgs of chili seasoning and cumin to the skillet and cook a little longer until the seasonings are well blended (about 10 minutes on med-low heat).
- 3While seasonings are cooking into the meat, rinse and drain the kidney beans well and add to crockpot.
- 4Add the diced tomatoes (I add the juice also for flavor) to the crockpot.
- 5Add the browned beef mixture to the crockpot.
- 6Pour in about 1/2 of the tall 46 oz can of vegetable juice to the crockpot (I usually add about 1/3 of a can first, stir all ingredients and then decide if I want my chili thinner by adding more of the vegetable juice.).
- 7Cook on low in crockpot for about 2 hours or until all is heated through.
- 8Serve with cheese, crackers, fritos, cornbread. (Leftovers are great on chili dogs.).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chili (Crockpot)
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 530.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix