Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Meatout Mondays weekly newsletter. It says you can eat it plain, or serve on crackers with veggie wedges.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed well
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (sweet, hot, or smoked)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- Mash all the ingredients to form a chunky spread.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
So delicious! I actually did not have chickpeas in the house, so I used cannellini beans instead. Cannellini are more moist than chickpeas, so I used some more nutritional yeast to soak up the extra liquid. What a quick, easy, nutritious, yummy meal!