Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for kids and parties! I use chicken tenders rather than preparing the breasts. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 lb chicken tenders (approx 15.)
- Soak 15 wooden skewers in water.
- In a large plastic bag, combine all ingredients and toss to coat.
- Close bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard remaining marinade.
- Thread chicken strips onto skewers, threading back and forth.
- Grill or broil chicken until no longer pink.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
8-10-06 My kids love to eat things on a stick! This was an easy, fast recipe. I put the chicken on the skewers and then put in the marinade, to decrease messy fingers. My husband liked it as much as the kids. 3-30-09 This time I rubbed the marinade all over 2 lbs of pork loin roast (bought on sale) and froze it. I thawed and baked at 450 for about 1 hour for a tasty roast. I covered for the first hour and then baked uncovered for about 10 more minutes to darken the top.
I was unsure about the onion soup mix in this, but it was very subtle and everybody loved the chicken! Made exactly as written, grilled on our gas grill outside. Next time I will marinate a bit longer, as I think it would be even better if the flavors soak in longer. I think I'll add a touch of soy sauce as well. Will definitely make this again - thanks!
Wow!! This was super easy and a real winner! Both my 3 yr old and 7 yr old cleaned their plates! There would have been objections if they had known onions were present, but they never realized and inhaled them... :) I broiled the chicken, and it had a great, subtle flavor that I really enjoyed, too, and they were super tender!! Thanks!! We'll be keeping this recipe!!