Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
While I normally like using all fresh ingredients, sometimes it's just not feasible. I like to keep comfort foods simple and this is no exception.
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) canof white chunk chicken breasts, in water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, chopped finely
- nice crusty bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, for each sandwich
i eyeball the rest
- celery salt
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Drain chicken very well and empty into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork shredding chicken as you do so.
- Place in fridge to chill and let flavors disperse, think 30-60 minutes. Spread on your favorite bread with some romaine lettuce and enjoy!
Yep, this is about as close to my basic chicken salad sandwich "recipe" as you're going to get. I use leftover chicken from the previous night's meal, homemade mayo and red onion. I like the celery salt addition although I chose celery seed instead to cut down on the salt content. Served on fresh flax seed light wheat bread, mixed greens; and fresh fruit to accompany. PS> sometimes I sneak in toasted chopped almonds or roasted sunflower seeds. Good choice for a hot summer day. Thanks!
Yummy chicken salad! Simple and tasty on sourdough. My grandson devoured 2 sandwiches quickly, lol. Thanks hannah's dad for sharing. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
Good ole basic chicken salad sandwich! Always a good start I just added a pinch of curry to "pop" the flavors. Served on a Pumpernickel roll. Made for Easy Does It! event in Cooking Photos.