Recipe by hannahs dad
While I normally like using all fresh ingredients, sometimes it's just not feasible. I like to keep comfort foods simple and this is no exception.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Yep, this is about as close to my basic chicken salad sandwich "recipe" as you're going to get. I use leftover chicken from the previous night's meal, homemade mayo and red onion. I like the celery salt addition although I chose celery seed instead to cut down on the salt content. Served on fresh flax seed light wheat bread, mixed greens; and fresh fruit to accompany. PS> sometimes I sneak in toasted chopped almonds or roasted sunflower seeds. Good choice for a hot summer day. Thanks!
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) canof white chunk chicken breasts, in water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, chopped finely
- nice crusty bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, for each sandwich
i eyeball the rest
- celery salt
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chicken very well and empty into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork shredding chicken as you do so.
- Place in fridge to chill and let flavors disperse, think 30-60 minutes. Spread on your favorite bread with some romaine lettuce and enjoy!