1/2 Photos of Easy Chicken-N-Pastry
Easy, uses frozen dumplings. Makes a big potful, had to guess at number of servings. I adapted this from the basic recipe on the frozen dumpling box. I always use Anne's Dumplings in the red box (www.annesdumplings.com) but you could use any brand frozen dumpling strips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and discard giblets.
- 2In a large pot boil the chicken with bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- 3Remove the chicken to a platter to cool; once cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones.
- 4Skim the fat from the broth and add enough water to get 4 or 5 qts (I use a skimmer cup).
- 5Bring broth to a rolling boil and drop the frozen pastry strips in a few at a time, stirring to separate and return to a boil before dropping in more.
- 6When all the strips are in the pot, reduce heat to medium-low and let boil a few minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to low and stir in chicken meat and cream of chicken soup, stirring until chicken soup is incorporated.
- 8Season to taste with black pepper- should already be salty enough from the cream of chicken soup, but taste and add salt if necessary.
- 9Remove from heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 10I serve this with cornbread; green peas are a good side dish.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken-N-Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: