Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for when you need a quick gravy and don't have any drippings. For thicker gravy just add a bit more bisquick or less broth. You may also use your own favorite seasoning in place of the poultry seasoning. Sometimes I use onion powder. Add some gravy browner for color if you want, too.
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- In blender, combine broth, poultry seasoning, bouillon powder and Bisquick.
- Blend at high speed, about 1/2 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and stir constantly over medium high heat, until it comes to a boil and is smooth and thickened.
My family loved this recipe.My only changes were to cut the poultry season in half and use chicken base instead of bouillon. The next time I make this gravy I'm not cutting back on the poultry seasoning. This recipe was veryeasy to make with wonderful results.
This recipe lacked flavor. I decided to add an additional teaspoon of poultry seasoning. However, I did not add the chicken bouillon powder. Therefore, the bouillon powder should not be optional.
Great tasting, really easy gravy. No need to use the packages or canned versions when you need a quick gravy. This tastes so much better. I made this twice recently - with recipe #43685 and recipe #40832. Both were great.