Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This recipe is an easy recipe because you don't cook the chicken or the eggplant before putting them in the casserole. It's also easy because you use sauce from a jar. Of course, you can use your favorite homemade pasta sauce if desired.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (thin sliced)
- 1 medium eggplant (approximately 1 pound)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (approximately 3 cups)
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice eggplant.
- Lay between two layers of paper towels for 15-20 minutes to drain moisture from eggplant, then discard paper towels.
- Line bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish with the chicken breast slices.
- Cover chicken with the eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over eggplant.
- Cover breadcrumbs with mozzarella cheese slices (or grated if you prefer).
- Pour marinara sauce over cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.