True Texas's Note:
I saw this on a cooking show years ago and I passed it along to my mother, she hasn't made rolled dumplings since. I prefer the rolled to these, but this are good when you're in a hurry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken pieces until tender. Reserve the liquid that the chicken was cooked inches.
- 2Remove skin and bones from chicken. Put back in broth.
- 3Add 1/2 stick butter or margarine along with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut the tortillas in one inch strips and put aside. Heat the broth until it boils.
- 5Add the tortillas to the boiling broth. Boil for about 10 minutes. Don't stir too much your tortillas will turn to mush and stick together. Do not boil too fast.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Dumplings for Busy Cook
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 333.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g