Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this when I was in a pinch for ingredients.
Make and share this Easy Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- poultry seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 30 Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet and sprinkle poultry seasoning on top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes (don't worry if not totally done, we will be baking casserole in oven too!).
- Meanwhile prepare to make a cheese sauce, place butter in a sauce pan and melt.
- Once melted, add the flour in and stir with wire whisk to combine. Let cook 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and SLOWLY add a little of the milk. Stir. Continue doing this untill all flour mixture is incorporated into the milk.
- Bring just to a boil then add cheeses. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Once chicken is done dice into pieces. Leave oven on!
- Combine chicken, noodles and cheese sauce in a casserole dish and crush Ritz crackers on top.
- Cover casserole and place into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking for 10 minutes until top is golden brown.
I made this recipe on 3/5/12 for the " I Recommend Tag Game " and as part of mine and my SO's dinner.Since it was just the two of us, the recipe was cut in half. When I was sprinkling the poultry seasoning over the chicken a bit of garlic powder was also added. Also while the sauce was being made, I added some salt and pepper. After putting everything into a greased pan, I realized that some more milk should have been added to the sauce ( but at that point it was too late ;) ). But we both really enjoyed the taste,and hope to make it again very soon. " Keep Smiling :) " P.S. Thanks for " Recommending " this Sydney Mike :)
I took a few shortcuts here, but only because I always have cooked & diced chicken breasts in the freezer, just waiting to be used! I also substituted Milton's Multi-Grain Crackers for the Ritz ones, but followed the recipe the rest of the way! Half of this was taken to a house-bound neighbor couple along with parts of several other recipes I'd made & as usual, we were all most satisfied! This particular casserole is one I plan to make another time for an up-coming potluck, so thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]