I came up with this when I was in a pinch for ingredients.
Make and share this Easy Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet and sprinkle poultry seasoning on top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes (don't worry if not totally done, we will be baking casserole in oven too!).
- Meanwhile prepare to make a cheese sauce, place butter in a sauce pan and melt.
- Once melted, add the flour in and stir with wire whisk to combine. Let cook 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and SLOWLY add a little of the milk. Stir. Continue doing this untill all flour mixture is incorporated into the milk.
- Bring just to a boil then add cheeses. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Once chicken is done dice into pieces. Leave oven on!
- Combine chicken, noodles and cheese sauce in a casserole dish and crush Ritz crackers on top.
- Cover casserole and place into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking for 10 minutes until top is golden brown.