Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really quick and easy dish that tastes great too.
Make and share this Easy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 3⁄4 cup white wine, optional
- 400 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan.
- Add onion and celery and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook a further minute.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add wine, if using, and mushrooms.
- Cook a further couple of minutes.
- Add soup and sour cream and season with pepper (check for salt, often the soup contains a fair amount).
- Cook until warmed through.
- Stir through parsley and serve with rice, risoni or pasta.
Oh man. This is really good. I used cream of chicken soup because I didn't have any cream of mushroom, but everything else I followed. Easy to make and just yummy. I'm saving this one.
We loved the flavour of this, but it turned out very thin, I had to cook it down for about 30 minutes. If I were to make it again I would cut the mushrooms back to about half the amount called for, the wine was a lovely touch but I would cut the amount in half. I just used 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil, no fat sour cream and used breast instead of the tenderloins. I had some spinach to use up so instead of the parsley I added steamed spinach.
This was so good. Very easy and tasty. My DH loved it too and DD (4) like the chicken without the vegetables. I loved the flavor of the white wine.