Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this recipe one night while submerged in the depths of a fajita craving. I serve it over white rice with the cheese blend melted down over top. Sometimes I spice things up with a dollop of sour cream; as it melts down over the hot chicken and rice it makes the juice all creamy and delicious.
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 4 cups white rice, prepared
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Rough chop onion.
- Sauté over medium heat until soft and translucent, remove from heat.
- Cook chicken breast over medium heat until mostly done, remove from heat and allow to cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Shred chicken.
- Add chicken and onion back to pan.
- Mix seasoning packet in 3/4 to 1 cup of water.
- Pour over chicken and onion.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, until sauce reduces by about 1/3.
This was pretty good! I added a little more fajita seasoning, mixed the rice in with the mixture then wrapped it in shells, it was a hit with my family! Thank you!