Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy and very good, add in some cayenne pepper for heat if desired, you may use skin on chicken pieces in place of breast but cooking time will need to be increased slightly.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canlow sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 -4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- In a bowl mix together the soup with Worcestershire sauce and evaporated milk until well combined.
- Mix in the shredded cheese; set aside.
- Season the chicken breast with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken breasts and cook for about 3 minutes on both sides or until nicely browned; remove to a plate.
- To the same skillet add in the onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in fresh garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add in the mushrooms.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and pour the mushroom soup mixture over.
- Lift the chicken with a fork to coat in the sauce.
- Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked completely (about 25-30 minutes).
- Season the sauce with more salt if desired.
It was okay. A little to salty for me. Next time I don't think I will add the season salt.
My family loved this. I followed the recipe other then I used fresh mushrooms and 16 ounces of them (as my family loves them). I also didn't add the onion (kids don't like them). I used 2 tsps of worcestershire sauce and it added a nice taste. Hubby said I can make this again :) It was quick and easy to make and is made with items I normally have on hand.