Crispy Pan-Fried Chicken Breast (Or Pork Chops)
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- In a shallow dish mix together the cornmeal with dry breadcrumbs, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the eggs in another dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the cornmeal mixture coating on both sides.
- heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the breasts for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until done, seasoning with seasoned salt while frying if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
UPDATE: I made this again on 2/10/09,and this time it turned out much better than the first time I made this.So,that's why the rating went from 4 to 5 stars.I did do a couple of things different,first I used a couple of butterflied pork chops and cooked it at a lower heat.And since mashed potatoes were served, I took a bit of the drippings and made some gravy.I've got to tell you, the drippings make some very good gravy. "YUMMERS :)". I have to say I'm glad to be the first one to rate and review this recipe. This was made on 5/5/08 for mine and SO's dinner and boneless pork chops were used.If you use boneless chops, I would suggest cutting the cornmeal mix and breadcrumbs down to 1/4 cup each.And as they were frying, I did sprinkle a little seasoning salt on each chop.This was a very moist and tender chop.And had a very good flavor,this will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"