Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: The surprise in this lasagna is mashed potatoes. So unusual, yet so good.
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 cup petite diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, white parts only, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- For the sauce: In a large stockpot, combine the alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Crumble the ground chicken in a saucepan. Cook until no pink remains. Add the chicken to the stockpot. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir in butter and sour cream.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To assemble, place a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan. Layer 1/3 of each, noodles, potatoes, Mozarella, Swiss and Cheddar cheeses. Crumble small pieces of goat cheese and dot over other cheeses. Add another layer of sauce. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with cheeses. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.