Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This deliciously cheesy bread can be prepared in just minutes. Great served hot with a pat of butter! From Southern Living magazine, 1986.
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Combine biscuit mix, cheese, and poppy seeds into a large bowl.
- Combine egg and milk; add to biscuit mixture, mixing vigorously for one minute.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
This was very good. Perfect with chowder tonight & soups too. Fun & easy to make & delicious. -Liam age 8
This was simple to make and tastey. This was like a biscuit/bread. I made to to go with salmon, rice and salad and it didn't quite go with the meal. This would be perfect to go with soup or under chiken ala king or beef stew.
Very quick and easy bread. We had it last night with another of Fauve's recipes for squash and my family loved the taste. I loved how quick and easy it was. Thanks for a great recipe!