Recipe by Missyvixen1217
Hubby and I were in a cook off last September cooking Brisket, Ribs, Chicken, Beans, Chili and Dessert. All items HAD to be made on site and had to be made over a camp fire or charcoal/wood grill..NO PROPANE ALLOWED! This was our first cook off and we took 1st place in Chicken and Dessert and 2nd place in Brisket, Ribs, Chili and Beans! We had originally decided not to do the chicken, hubby didn't want to mess with it and right up to the night before we weren't going to do it, problem was that TOTAL points for ALL categories were to be added for the overall winner so not doing one dish if everyone else did them all was going to lose points! I rustled up ingredients from the kitchen and the local gas station to make this dish and WON with it!! I have since made it in the oven at home and it's a new family favorite. Sorry about the amounts, I don't measure much of anything LOL just add to it for bigger batches.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 cups fruit-flavored sweet wine
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 pint apricot preserves
- 6 ounces honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and marinade chicken in wine or wine cooler overnight in fridge.
- Drain wine and place chicken in 9x13 pan.
- Mix pineapple w/juice, apricot preserves and honey in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or till chicken is done.
- I garnish this with fried/grilled skewers of pineapple chunks and cherries brushed with the glaze.