Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This will satisfy cheesy cravings. It can be eaten alone, on bread, with veggies or in other dishes (like mashed cauliflower or stuffed shells).It’s quick and easy to make and ready to eat right away. The only part that takes planning is remembering to soak the cashews before hand. It’s softer and more spread-y immediately after blending, but firms up some in the fridge. From Luminous Vegan.
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews, drained (A couple of hours or overnight soaking is best. But it works just as well if you soak it in hot wate)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Throw everything in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Store it in an air tight container for up to a week in the fridge.
- Use as a spread, dip, or sauce. Enjoy!