Recipe by Barbara In Florida
I use to make this at least once a week when I was a working mom. I had forgotten about it until it was mentioned over Mother's Day by my daughter, so I made it for DH last night and he couldn't understand why it had been so long since I had made it. It's very easy and leftovers are great the next day. This is good served with fresh Italian bread or Garlic bread and a salad. Hope you try and enjoy.
Top Review by Charlotte J
I was so thankful for this recipe today with all the littles running around. It is easy to make and *everyone* liked it! I chopped my onion and pepper with my hand chopper so they would be smaller for the kids. The other change I made was to use a can of corn, plain old everyday corn. With the pepper and onion I did not fell a person really needed the mexicorn. I liked how the cheese sauce packet helps thicken up the goulash just enough so you know it is in there. Barbara, I'll be making this often for the kids and my family. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper (large chunks)
- 1 large sweet onion (large diced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in water as directed on package until just al dente, drain.
- Brown beef in large skillet or dutch oven, (while macaroni is cooking),drain off fat.
- Add stewed tomatoes, peppers, onion,garlic, corn and water.
- Simmer on low heat until veggies are crisp tender.
- Add powdered cheese packet to mixture.
- Stir well, then add cooked macaroni.
- Simmer on low heat for about ten minutes stirring often to prevent sticking.