Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This delightful recipe appeared in one of DH's business magazines. It is both easy and delicious. Coating the salmon with mayonnaise before broiing keeps it moist and imparts wonderful flavor. You can use low-fat mayonnaise in this recipe. The recipe also works with swordfish, tuna, or halibut steaks. Steaks are preferred over fillets as they have an even thickness making for even cooking.
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika in a bowl. Smear almost one-half on one side of salmon lightly.
- Broil salmon about 3 inches from flame for 4 minutes.
- Turn steaks and smear rest of dressing mixture on them. This coating should be a bit heavier than that on the other side. Broil for another 4 minutes.
- NOTE: Don't be afraid to substitute other mustards for the Dijon. I found a mustard with dill that works perfectly. I also like the Jack Daniels mustard. Or substitute 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard with lemon pepper for the paprika.