Recipe by choco chip
This is a handy breakfast burrito to make ahead of time and freeze, then heat up in the microwave for a fast breakfast on the go. These are so handy to throw in my lunchbox on my way to work. The kids also love to heat one up for a quick breakfast before school.
- 12 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 lbs bulk sausage (I use Farmland Pork & Bacon Sausage)
- 1 lb frozen diced potatoes
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and potato in separate pans until done. Scramble eggs and chiles together and cook until done. Mix potatoes, eggs, and sausage together in one bowl. Place 1-2 spoonfuls of mixture in a tortilla and top with shredded cheese. Fold burrito shut, package, and freeze. To serve: Heat the burrito in a microwave for 1-2 minutes, and enjoy!
- Note: I really recommend the Farmland Bacon and Pork sausage because my family likes the smoky bacon flavor. If you can't find it, you could add some chopped cooked bacon to the meat/potato/egg mixture before wrapping the burrito. You can be creative with this recipe. Sometimes I add onion, or hot chiles, crushed red pepper, or hot sauce.