Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From today's City Times, this is going to be part of my dinner tonight;) I had made this ages back and forgotten all about it. It's wonderful - the combo of all the ingredients goes great with the lemon juice poured on top. Bittergourd is good for health too. So what are you waiting for - try this and hey, I'm waiting for a nice review;)
- Scrape off the skin of the bittergourd and any hard edges and trim the ends.
- Finely slice the bittergourd (in circles).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the bittergourd slightly in it.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Once it has cooled, arrange the bittergourd on a plate with the sliced tomatoes and onions.
- Add lemon juice on top.
- Serve immediately.
If you like bitter melon, you'll love this. I added a couple of very thin slices of hot red pepper, as I like spicy. Delicious!