Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This easy to make pie gets it's extra richness from a custard made with eggs and mayonnaise. Pure comfort food! I like to serve this with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 3⁄4-1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells, flute edge
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook beef and onion til done. Drain grease.
- Stir in mushrooms and cheese.
- Pour hot mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- In bowl, combine rest of ingredients.
- Beat til smooth.
- Pour over beef mixture in pie shell.
- Flute edges.
- Bake in 350º oven for 35 minutes til golden brown and puffy.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6-8 servings.
- Cooked, crumbled bacon is a nice addition to this, too.
The flavor on this pie was excellent, but my stomach said, "too much cheese." I'll have to try cutting the cheese back a bit, but I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe.
My BF said this was the best. We all liked it even my 4 yr old. I took the advice from one review and add salsa to the meat mixture. Fantastic we will be making often! thanks
YUM! This pie is so totally delicious!! DH and I both thought we were in heaven while we were munching down on this great pie. I found that the liquid mixture was more than my pie could hold so I only used alittle over half of it over the pie. I also used real sliced mushrooms, only because I had some I needed to use up before they went bad. I also think that the next time I will add some chopped green peppers and some bacon too. Thanks peacefulnightdove for sharing your delicious Beef-N-Cheese Pie!!! A keeper in my book!