Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Texas Beef Counsil.
- 3 lbs beef chuck, roast
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 8 -10 crusty rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sliced lettuce
- slivered jicama
- chopped onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 325. Place 28x18" piece heavy duty aluminum foil in roasting pan. Combine seasoning ingredients; spread on beef steaks. Place roast in center of foil; top with onions and chili sauce. Bring shorter ends of foil together above steaks; fold down to seal. Fold in sides of foil to seal.
- Bake in 325 oven 1-3/4 hours or until roast is fork tender. Carefully open foil. Remove steaks; keep warm.
- Toppings are optional.