Recipe by healthnut in college
super simple, common ingredients, just throw it in the blender
Top Review by Charlene J.
Very YUMMY!!! I substituted vanilla unsweetened almond milk for the milk and omitted the orange juice. I had blueberry yogurt on hand instead of regular yogurt. It really worked out well. My peaches were frozen so I didn't have to use ice cubes. My seven year old loves it, too! ??The two servings are not big so if you like a lot of smoothie, you may want to double the ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt (any flavor I use plain or vanilla)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice (gives good tangy flavor but good without it too)
- 1⁄2 banana, quartered
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw all ingredients in the blender and mix it up to desired thickness. Add ice cubes if you want it to be thicker.
- If you don't have a peach, try peach nonfat yogurt in addition to the plain yogurt. Danon Light and Fit brand is great for those watching their figures. (Only 60 calories per serving!).
- If using fresh fruit, it would probably be best if you added a few ice cubes for a quicker chilling process and a better consistency.