Recipe by MarielC
Purists may scream at this but it does look easy. Got this from the Sue Bee honey site and added the pistachios which I've used in traditional baklava with great success. Yield is a guess on my part.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 -4 cups pecans or 3 -4 cups walnuts or 3 -4 cups pistachios, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups honey
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll one can of dough into ungreased 9x13 baking pan. Press over bottom and 1/2-inch up sides to form crust. Press perforations to seal. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In large bowl, combine nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over baked crust. Unroll second crescent roll dough and spread over top. With a sharp knife tip, score top dough to form a diamond pattern.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour half evenly over top of dough.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle remaining honey mixture over top of hot baklava. Cool completely and cut into diamond shape pieces.