Recipe by ChefWhiz
This is an easy, good recipe as an alternative to traditional scalloped potato recipes. It keeps well several days in the refrigerator.
Top Review by badams31410
this is a fabulous alternative to scalloped potatoes!!! i tried it a couple weeks ago, but i added a little garlic & onion powder to the soup mix, as well as a pinch of cayenne pepper, just to amp up the flavor, but it was great. my husband and 14 year old ate the whole thing. i will post a picture because i'm making it again tonight with pork chops and broccoli! thanks!!!
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (low fat and or or low sodium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (nonfat or reduced fat and shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix soup, pepper, and paprika.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Grease a 2 quart oblong baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes in overlapping rows in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and spoon soup mixture over cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until potatoes become tender.