Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an easy, good recipe as an alternative to traditional scalloped potato recipes. It keeps well several days in the refrigerator.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (low fat and or or low sodium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (nonfat or reduced fat and shredded)
- In a small bowl, mix soup, pepper, and paprika.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Grease a 2 quart oblong baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes in overlapping rows in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and spoon soup mixture over cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until potatoes become tender.
this is a fabulous alternative to scalloped potatoes!!! i tried it a couple weeks ago, but i added a little garlic & onion powder to the soup mix, as well as a pinch of cayenne pepper, just to amp up the flavor, but it was great. my husband and 14 year old ate the whole thing. i will post a picture because i'm making it again tonight with pork chops and broccoli! thanks!!!