Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A mix you can store for Easy Bake fun!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add shortening and flavorings; either cut in with pastry knife or use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer. Mixture should resemble corn meal.
- Store in air tight container. If you are really dedicated, you can store in 1/3 cup portions, but I just put it in a big Ziplock bag and measure out when needed.
- To Use: Combine 1/3 cup of mix with 2 tsp of water. Roll into little balls and cook, three at a time, in Easy Bake oven that has been pre-heated about 15 minute Bake for 8-10 minute.
This was pretty good! I made with butter instead of shortening, so we'll store it in the freezer. I found it needed a touch of salt. I also needed about 2-3 tsp. of water to get the dough to form balls. Nice to have leftover mix!