Recipe by KelBel
This is delicious. It satisfies my craving for lo-mein. I have made with chicken and shrimp as well, just adjust the ramen noodle flavor to match. From WW cookbook Cooking for Two, it makes a HUGE 10 points serving. I am satisfied with 1/2 a serving.
Top Review by C. Taylor
I just wanted to mention that I put the nutrition facts into my points calculator and came up with 18 points per serving. Beware that each pagckage of ramen noodles is actually TWO servings, and thus 16 points. Things must have been calculated differently when this recipe was first published. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(
- 1 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced green onion (1 inch slices)
- 2 cups packaged cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slice.
- Heat 1 Tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add steak and green onions; stir fry 1 minute.
- Remove steak mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 Tsp oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add slaw; stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Remove slaw from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use.
- Add water and remaining seasoning packet to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture.
- Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.