Recipe by Chef Chessie
This really is an amazingly easy dessert that kids can make and great for summer because it tastes like pie without the baking. Awesome a la mode.
Top Review by dojemi
Very easy to prepare......I used canned peaches. I didn't serve it with the graham cracker crust, I spooned the peaches over a slice of angel food cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I've given it 4-stars because my husband found sauce to be to sweet. Next time I'll reduce the sugar.
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice (drained)
- 2 -3 large fresh peaches, sliced (instead)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 drop vanilla
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 -3 whole graham crackers (crumbled)
- Mix everything except gram crackers.
- Chill for one hour.
- Top w/ gram crackers.
- I apologize for any measurements being slightly off -- I cook by sight and taste.
- For an adult version substitute some Grand Manier or Amarula for the oj.
- Also great with apples/bourbon.